Affordable Waterfront Resort Living
News & Events
Best Time of Year in Chincoteague
Sep 25, 2017
September into October is the best time of the year here! No mosquitoes, balmy weather, no crowds, dolphins frolicking in the ocean every afternoon- you definitely don't want to miss it. This is our list of how you make the most of it.
- The Chamber of Commerce is a good place to start - they can provide you with maps and lists of activities. This is a great place to find out about current local events and tours.
- Most restaurants are still open in September and you can get menus at the Chamber of Commerce. Even better, you can scope out the restaurants before you go so you can hit up the one with the best reviews!
- Be sure you visit the Wildlife Refuge center and maybe take a bus tour or a boat tour while you're here.
- The new Museum of Chincoteague is also great. Here they make it their mission to "collect and preserve the material culture that reflects the historical progression of the life on Chincoteague Island." This museum is unique to Chincoteague and is a wonderful way to experience its charm.
- We have a wonderful downtown area on Main Street that includes lots of little shops and a waterfront park. See Misty's hoofprints in the sidewalk in front of the Island Roxy movie theater. It really is a great time to visit Chincoteague!
- Don't miss out on the beauty of Chincoteague this next month! It's truly a gem to behold with perfect weather and no crowds. Whether it's a trip with friends or family there is so much to see and explore. You may even have to make multiple trips to truly experience all of the amazing things here. You'll never want to leave!